Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/bushcraf/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.
Tracking Course Three Day Wilderness Tracking Course
Footsteps Tracking Course
Attention Anyone Wanting To Learn Tracking…
“If You Give Me Three Days Of Your Time… Then… I’ll Give You The Skills You Need To Competently Track Animals And Humans Through The Trickiest Environment In The UK”
Experts Agree: The British Woodland Is One Of The Hardest Environments To Track In… But You Can Do It,
Quickly And Easily With The Right Tuition
It’s true. In the UK, tracking anything through woodland is one of the hardest environments you can encounter. If you can track here, then the skills you’ve developed will stand you in good stead to track virtually anywhere.
If you have a yearning to do just that, then this is something that’ll definitely appeal to you. You see, we’ve recently developed a basic tracking course that’ll take you from complete beginner, to a level where you’ll be tracking with confidence in three days. In the three days you’re with us, you’ll be shown the skills you need, and you’ll have enough ‘dirt time’ under your belt to track with ease.
Not only that, you'll have a level of insight into the way animals, birds and humans interact with their environment which will astonish you. In fact, we can GUARANTEE you’ll walk away having your view of the woodland and landscape around you totally transformed. You’ll never go out again without seeing a ton of things you NEVER noticed before.
So how do you do that?
Well, here are some of the things you’ll discover on this course…
• What mindset you need to be a good tracker. All good trackers have certain characteristics that make them good at what they do. They also develop good habits that make the art of tracking easy. These traits are easily learned and honed through practice. You’ll soon discover what they are!
• What handy ‘objects’ you should take on your tracking expeditions. You’ll be surprised at what they are and how to use them. One thing’s for sure - they’ll make your tracking easier and fun. Find out what they are when you join us on the trail!
• How to read different types of ‘sign’. You’ll be shown the various types of sign left by humans and animals as they move through the landscape. Sign can be either very distinctive or very subtle. You’ll soon know the difference and be able to piece together what’s going on!
• How to save time when pursuing your quarry. Animals and humans behave in certain ways as they move around any landscape. You’ll know what they do and how you can use that knowledge to save valuable time and effort when you’re on their trail!
• How tracks can be affected by the elements. Imagine finding a track on a cold, wet and windy trail. How long has it been there? An hour? A day? A week? You’ll see for yourself how the weather affects a track and how you make an estimate of how long it’s been there!
• How to use a Tracking Stick. Tracking sticks are fun to make and use. You’ll be an expert in their use in no time. They speed up your pursuit of the quarry and when you set yours up properly – you’ll be blazing a red-hot trail after anything that moves. Guaranteed!
• How to stalk your quarry like a ghost in the night. Stalking is another skill that’s fun to learn and amazingly effective when you do it right. There are some ‘dos and don'ts’ you need to be aware of. You’ll soon have these nailed down and creeping around as silently as a shadow. A number of cool exercises get this locked into your brain in double quick time!
• How to use 3 types of ‘vision’. Your tracking skills will take off big time once you incorporate three different concepts of vision. This will seem strange when it’s first revealed to you, but when the veil is lifted, you’ll get that, ‘Aha’ moment. You can practice one of these walking down your local High Street to great effect!
• How much do you REALLY notice around you? All it takes is one cool exercise to answer this question. By the time you’ve completed this fun activity, you’ll be so much more aware of what’s going on around you. This is an awesome way to develop and sharpen your 3 vision skills!
• Why you must be able to tell when your quarry's trying to give you the slip. If you’re pursuing a desperate quarry and they try to throw you off the scent, how will you know? We reveal how they do it. Someone trying to give you the slip will come up with really creative ways in which to do it – and that's their downfall. When you know what to look for, no matter how 'ingenious' your quarry thinks he is, you'll know instantly what's going on. You'll be part of a pursuit team and we'll throw in a few of our own deceptions to test you. Can you work it out?
• What you must do... IMMEDIATELY you lose the track. This technique is essential if you suddenly lose the track. You must resist the urge to crash on in the 'hope' of picking up the trail again. Big mistake. Relying on hope is NOT a good tracking strategy. You'll know WHAT to do and WHEN to do it to pick up the trail again. This is so useful in the deception tactics scenario!
• Did you know a track can contain up to FOUR THOUSAND tell-tale clues? Unbelievable as it seems, it's true. You'll be taken through some of the clues to build a picture of your quarry's speed, direction of travel, physical and mental state of mind. Every print leaves a unique STORY – you'll learn how to read that story!
• It's easy to fool animals and birds when you creep up on them isn't it?WRONG! Wildlife have a unique ability to sense your state of MIND when you move around their environment. You'll discover what's going on and how to read their early warning system. Plus, you'll see it in action for yourself. Prepare to be amazed!
• Are you using every part of the terrain when stalking your quarry? There's some things animals instinctively do when they stalk. You need to know what they are and how you can use them to your advantage. One is the correct use of the lay of the land around you. All is revealed!
• What you MUST do to prepare yourself mentally for any tracking expedition. You'll learn a quick and easy technique to get your head in the right place before you hit the trail. Plus, you can use this to calm yourself in other areas of your life too!
• Sneaky little ways to attract animals and wildlife to you. There's ways to attract wildlife to you so you can observe their tracks. We'll set up some areas around the camp to bring them in overnight and we examine what we find next morning. You can use these techniques anywhere you want when you know how to do it! IMPORTANT NOTE: At no point will these techniques harm, scare or injure ANY wildlife – guaranteed. Respect for all living creatures is our top priority.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR 5 SENSES. We debunk the theory you need all your senses when out in the wilds. And to prove it, you'll experience a night time exercise to show you how you can get around even the most dense woodland with your sight taken away. This has traditionally been a highlight and revelation to all our students. It's quite profound if you give yourself to it. It's perfectly safe and the confidence it gives you is like nothing you've ever experienced before.
So that's a taster of what you'll experience...
Listen: This course is perfect for you if you've already learned basic bushcraft skills and want to try something different. It's the ideal 'next step'.
But even if you've NEVER been on a bushcraft course, we'd still love to see you and show you a whole new world. Once you know what to look for, you'll wonder how you managed to walk around and not notice so much. You'll be amazed at how much is “hidden in plain view.”
But don't take our word for it. Here's some feedback from former students...
"All the very best and many thanks for your wonderful
knowledge and teachings" Mary Claire Foa
"The instructing staff are first class. I’m going to spend the next year
putting everything I was taught into practice and then I will definitely be booking
myself on their Tracking Two course." Phil Green
"Natural Pathways introduced me into the worlds beyond the physical, which
have now enriched my life more than I could have imagined." Joel Atherton
"Everything comes to life. I now walk around seeing the world
around me in whole new way." Frank
OK, so those are some of the things we'll be covering. And there's a whole lot more we'll be experiencing over the three days of this action packed course.
You don't need any previous experience of Bushcraft to attend this course, but you do need to be able to rough it for a couple of days in the outdoors.
Now, it's only fair to warn you this course might not suit everyone. We'll be out in all weathers and crawling, kneeling and laying on the ground during the three days. If you're prepared to get a bit dirty and up-close-and-personal with Mother Earth, then this is the course for you.
This is a fast paced course with a LOT of information and physical activities packed into it.
We'll be camping out in the woods, so bring along a tent, waterproof clothing and boots to suit outdoor activities. A notebook and pen/pencil will be great to take down notes and to draw different tracks and signs. Food and hot drinks will be provided.
IMPORTANT POINT: We also promise you will NOT be asked to do anything, or put in any situation you don't feel comfortable with.
Our take on this is simple – we want you to enjoy yourself and be as comfortable as the conditions allow. The truth is, if you're cold, wet and hungry, you'll switch off and won't take in the information we want to get across. And that's NOT good for anyone.
So there we are...
OK, to book up – simply select a date below. Do it now while it's fresh in your mind and before anything else crops up.
This Tracking course really is an eye-opener into a fascinating world and one not to be missed.
Book up now and we'll see you in the woods!